2017 Year in Review by Los Angeles Wedding Photographer Brandi Potter
2017 was a wild ride, and I for one am glad it’s over. Life threw a lot of things my way, and I learned a lot of hard lessons. That’s not to say some good things didn’t happen, I just want to acknowledge that it just wasn’t my year. I’m pretty excited about everything 2018 has to offer and making it a better year.
In 2017 I traveled more than I ever had before. I went to Sedona, Washington DC, LA, Colorado, Mississippi, Chicago, NYC, Ireland, and London. I shot 30 weddings of my own and second shot 3. I did a TON of (I don’t want to count) portrait and engagement sessions. I got to know so many wonderful people this year through work, and definitely made some forever friends.
My goals for 2018 include:
- Petting more dogs
- Taking better care of myself
- Traveling more and seeing things differently
- Booking at least 10 Weddings in Seattle for 2018
- Shooting with more intention and focusing more on emotion
- Putting more effort into my relationships with people around me